Nothing beats a steamy hot shower in the middle of winter! But of course, you want to make sure it’s not going to hurt your hip pocket. And, reliability is important too, unless you like having cold showers. In summer sure why not, but definitely not in those chilly months.
With water heating being a whopping 30% of your power bill each quarter, I guess you’re asking if gas will be a cheaper option than an electric hot water system.
Generally, the upfront cost for electric-powered water system units is less expensive than those that use gas. In the long run, however, you will find that the use of gas is more cost and energy-efficient. You can save about $25, even more, per billing cycle of electricity when you opt for gas hot water systems.
Aside from cost and energy efficiency, the use of LPG for heating systems offers many amazing benefits.
5 Reasons Why a Gas Hot Water System is Better than Electric
1. Enjoy Instantaneous Flow of Hot Water – No more cold showers
The use of LPG offers a continuous and convenient flow of hot water. So you don’t have to worry about running out of water during your shower.
2. It’s not constantly heating and pushing up your power bills.
Most of the newer cars have a stop-start feature so the engine shuts down when the car comes to a stop. Gas hot water works the same when you’re not using it, it’s not constantly heating.
3. Reduce your carbon footprint & protect our planet
Another important feature of gas hot water systems is the decreased emission of greenhouse gasses such as carbon dioxide. This makes the use of LPG more eco-friendly than the use of electricity.
4. Lower Maintenance Requirements
LPG bottles require low maintenance. All you need to do is to make sure that it has no leaks and it has secured and proper storage.
5. Fast Heating Process
Unlike electric-powered water systems where you need to wait for the heating rods to heat the water, gas-enabled water systems heat the water almost instantly. It uses a gas-fired burner usually located at the bottom of the water tank. The heated water starts from the bottom and rises upward and hot water is supplied faster.
In essence, gas hot water systems have a quicker heating rate and recovery time compared to electric water heating units. You also don’t have to wait for the tank to refill and heat the water. Just enjoy the uninterrupted flow of hot water.
Other Advantages of Using LPG for Your Water Systems
Here are other advantages that you can enjoy from using LPG for your hot water systems:
- Gas bottles are generally easy to install. You may ask your gas delivery guy to help you with the installation;
- It can be used for both storage tank water supply and tankless water heaters;
- Gas hot water systems only require minimal heating of 50 degrees celsius;
- Offers clean and fresh hot water all the time;
- They can be used in the kitchen or bathroom; and
- Best of all, gas hot water systems can still operate even during power interruptions.
To sum it up, there are more reasons why a gas hot water system is the best choice. All you need to do is to find a reliable gas supplier you can depend on.
Contact PlusGas to learn more!